Overview

Now I have my PPL, follow my aviation career via my instagram page!

Tuesday 5 May 2015

So It Begins.

Here Goes Nothing!

So, this is my first blog so please do cut me some slack.


First things first, let me explain a little about what it is I do at Lydd Aero Club, the gateway in Pursuit Of Flight that has only just opened.

I began the apprenticeship in June 2014 and have been working on the operations desk, 5 days a week, ever since. That can be anything from simply answering the telephone, to topping up one of the Club's eight aircraft up with oil. One of the benefits of working at an Aero Club/Flying School is, of
Some of the aircraft we operate.
course, the opportunity to learn to fly myself.

When I applied, my bosses (both MDs of the Club) very kindly offered me the chance to be put through the 9 PPL (Private Pilots License) ground examinations. After passing the first exam which was 'air law' with 90% it became clear to them just how motivated I was to learn to fly and therefore added to my challenge by promising me 15 hours of instruction if i could pass all of the exams by March...... I'm very excited to share that I have managed to do just that! And am now 8hrs. 20mins. into my Private Pilots License. If you can tolerate it, I would very much like to share with you my journey from near start, to end and beyond. 

No comments:

Post a Comment